Sunday, February 03, 2008

who does it this way?


Is it a cultural thing or a regional thing, when people count by using their thumb as "one" and the first finger as "two"?

I used the side of a nylon round brush to do the gray shading with ink, moving it like a marker. I got a lot more dry brush look that way. Then I painted over it with the orange.

Pink and orange would not have been my conscious choice, but sometimes I just idly try stuff and it works well enough to post.

W/c and ink on 140# Winsor & Newton paper.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That's "3" in American Sign Language. Because holding up the index, middle and ring fingers creates the letter "W".

Though, with that logic in mind, I have no idea why "2" and "V" are the same.

Nita Van Zandt said...

Wow, thanks! I love learning that!