Monday, August 15, 2005

Stream of Imagination


In the EDM group we discussed Tom Judd's style of filling a journal page, so I gave it a try. I started with 2 actual chairs (not very accurate, but speed was part of the point), separated in my usual way, then filled the rest of the space with imagined doodles. Didn't feel natural, outside my box.

For the first time here I tried using a Niji waterbrush as my only brush/water source, plus tech pen and fountain pen with soluble ink. A jumble in all ways, and now I see I dated it wrong. Oh, well.

5 comments:

Lovekandinsky said...

I think that you did a nice job with these, particularly in letting yourself go and filling in all of the spaces. I think that's a real challenge that you handled well.

Ramesh Gandhi said...

I like the face-based one especially - it has a Gaugin-ish feel to it. It's fun, isn't it? I don't want to do it every day, but it is providing me with a snapshot of the day.

carla said...

I like this...it takes a lot of courage and/or unlearning to let go and just put down whatever comes up next. I am jumping in on this discussion that people are having on the EDM board, so I don't really know what's being talked about, but...I see this kind of visual journaling as analogous to the freewriting many writers do to find their seeds or nuggets that they can polish later. It also allows you to see beyond what's there, and out of possibilities comes even greater vision. This is really cool, Nita! And..thanks for stoppping by my blog. I appreciate feedback :>

Anonymous said...

Very nice journal page! Lovely colors!
I like Tom Judd's work very much and I am too inspired by his work.I found that it's actually quite difficult for me to put several things on one page than just one drawing. But you did yours very well. Great job!

Linda said...

Wow! Now I AM inspired to try this!