Saturday, November 26, 2005

Two more churches


This structure stands at one end of the upstairs space at Saint Chapelle, the church on the Isle de la Cité with the fabulous walls of stained glass.

While drawing this (instead of attempting a sketch of the stained glass), I saw what I'd not have seen otherwise, the tiny lizard creatures crawling head down at the corners.

Tech pen in the W/N sketchbook.









In Orsay, this blue-doored church was our landmark for navigating the main shopping streets. The central structure of it was built in 1200.

There has been a settlement on this site on the Yvette River since 999.

3 comments:

hfm said...

I'm loving these tour by one of the cities I like the most. The glass of St. Chapelle are magnific.

Cin said...

Hi Nita, I've enjoyed the sketches of your trip, the griffin, hanging fruit, comic book sign, cafe, folks on the train, I love all these little bits and pieces that caught your attention, wonderful!

Laureline said...

Each of these is wonderful! The Ste Chapelle one may be my favorite.