Sunday, November 20, 2005

Blue washes in Orsay


When I started with the roof of this Maison des Associations in the little town where we stayed, I was focused and warm. As I got colder (weather overcast and chilly), the bench got harder, and I got bored with architectural drawing, I really lost interest by the time I got down to the ground floor.

Good thing it wasn't a taller building!

Ink and wash on 90# w/c paper.





In Paris we'd seen a gallery with beautiful line drawings backed by a swoosh of color. So I came home and rendered my water bottle.

4 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Oh, I love both of these! I know it's a cliche to say but really they are simple and effective!

Anonymous said...

These are simply beautiful! Well done!

Julie Oakley said...

I'm scrolling down enjoying your drawings and I'm particularly taken by these two - they really are lovely

Dawn said...

I love the building against the blue. I've been toying around with getting back into daily drawing. You are really making me want to commit to doing it.