Saturday, November 19, 2005

The rest of us on the train


Carol, done in 3 stops before we had to get off. Six minutes means fast hair and simple shapes. That's my excuse! And I don't think her nose is right at all.

Tech pen. I don't do any pre-marking or drawing with a pencil. I like the uncertainty and the serendipity of what emerges. My subjects might not!






Jim looking down, and on a separate drawing, what he was looking at, writing in his Moleskine.

In the Picasso museum we saw this same layout, using one sheet of paper for the head, another crosswise piece for the torso. Better than squeezing it all on one, Picasso and I say.

The head scan was with "color" and the hands with "grayscale." The paper doesn't have a blue-cast except where I added paint.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are awesome Nita, I can't wait to see the rest next Friday!

-Crystal

Anonymous said...

Amazing drawings Nita! Very well composed too esp the hands.

Anonymous said...

I like rapid sketches.

hfm
http://tcores.blogspot.com

Teri said...

Nita, you have really captured these people and their expressions.