Sunday, October 09, 2005

Paris icons


Evy asked how I did the stamped background in the "tiny type" drawing below. I used a standard rubber stamp (from the craft store), stamping the design twice to create the background.

In this one it's a large world map stamped in golden brown ink. (Any stamp can also be colored with markers.)

I drew the icons with brown Koh-I-Noor tech pen--a loose rendition of what I found on some old Parisian posters. Apologies to Notre Dame for this questionable depiction.

4 comments:

Ramesh Gandhi said...

I know very little about rubber stamps. You've done a good job of making this one your own by adding your drawings to it. It fits amazingly well into your moleskine - as though it had been made specially for it.

Anonymous said...

This one's awesome Nita! I'm looking forward to spending the afternoon drawing with you tomorrow.

-Crystal

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged :-)

Anonymous said...

What a nice idea to use a stamped background, I might try that sometime with some of my carved ones.