Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The blog tag game


I've been tagged by Diong to play the "List 20 Random Things About Yourself" game.

To illustrate this unexpected invitation and execution, I purposely picked a drawing of random items out of my small Moleskine sketchbook.

The list:
1. I was born in Kansas.
2. I've noticed that 95% of people who hear that fact react with a comment related to the Wizard of Oz movie.
3. As a child I was forced to sit through too many classical music and ballet performances among packed crowds of over-perfumed, blue-haired old women wearing fur.
4. I know a wonderful flat to rent on Balcomb Street in Marylebone, London.
5. I can (slowly) touch type on the Dvorak keyboard in addition to the Qwerty one.

6. My heritage is half-Swedish and half-Czech.
7. I have hundreds of pairs of earrings.
8. The furthest I've ever run was six and 3/4 miles, while we lived in high-altitude Albuquerque.
9. I would always rather have salty snacks than sweet ones.
10. I broke my little finger three years ago while on a hike.

11. I'm a strong National Public Radio fan and contributor.
12. I enjoyed dyeing the hair of my daughter and her friends blue, purple, and other colors during their teen years.
13. At age 14 I had a near-death experience when I almost drowned.
14. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 12.
15. I teach journal writing for a local hospital to women coping with breast cancer.

16. I've published poetry, essays, feature articles, book reviews, a software manual, and short fiction.
17. I love participating in kirtans.
18. I am an only child who never wanted siblings.
19. Writing Gregg shorthand is one of my seldom-used skills.
20. I once had a job offer to work at the Pentagon and turned it down.

Now I'm supposed to tag others. Diong said to tag as many people as minutes it took me to write this, but that's a rule I never noticed in other players' posts, so I'm picking these (did I say I was a rebel?).

Forgive me if you've been caught in the web before! I pick:
Danny
Trevor
The Pencil Guy
Persephone
KG
Malinda by popular demand :-)

6 comments:

Pencil Revolution said...

Would it be Okay for me to do the meme on my personal blog, rather than Pencil Revolution?

Nita Van Zandt said...

Of course! Rebels can do this anyway they want (or not).

SideShowMom said...

Thanks Nita!! I'll get to work on my list right now!!!

The Paris Icons are really neat, my husband got to go while he was working in Mexico with a bunch of GM employees and had a grand time. I'm so jealous! Now my daughter is learning French at a French immersion magnet school.

Neal said...

Came across your blog via Moleskinerie. Just wanted to leave a comment to say how much I like your blog -- here seemed as good a place as any.

Thanks also for the Blogs Illustrated blogring links. What a great idea. I had no idea it existed, so I've just joined myself.

Lovekandinsky said...

Uh-oh--I'm "it." Let's see how well I can do with this meme. . . I may end up having to tag a LOT of people if its based on how long it takes me to get it all done. :-)

elegraph said...

hey, nita:
to answer your question about the simian creases - i didn't even know they had a name for it until i was an adult. didn't really thing much about it at all, truth be told. just one of those rare things. you gotta love the name, though - makes me think of monkeys... (mmm, monkeys...) ;-)