Thursday, November 01, 2007

just in time for chilly winds


I unexpectedly got to visit a yarn shop whose owner's blog I read (called Sean's Soapbox, but this is the official shop blog):Woolcott & Company in Harvard Square. I bought luminous and soft-on-the-skin wool, Hacho yarn by Mirasol. Lovely stuff!

I made a pair of long arm warmers and have only one to go on a second pair (different design). That's a rolling pin filling out the look.

Two pairs from two skeins, bought last Friday and done already! So glad this yarn didn't lost in my stash!

3 comments:

Bonny said...

These are gorgeous, Nita! Ilove the rich colourway you used... so cheerful! Perfect for those blah days of colder weather just around the corner.
Which knitting pattern did you use? I especially like the idea of LONG arm warmers.

Nita Van Zandt said...

Thanks, Bonny! I did my own pattern--40 stitches on size 4s, knit 2, purl 1 ribbing until I decided to stop, then made a thumb gusset (fan-shaped), made a horizontal slit, then cast on filler stitches to continue the part above the thumb. I crocheted 2 rows on the thumb sleeve and top to made a bit of an edging.

Any stitch pattern would have gotten lost in the busy colors, and I love to do ribbing.

Nita Van Zandt said...

Correction--I used 4mm dpns, which are English size 6.

My biggest challenge is making the second one like the first, since I tend to create as I knit. One-piece items are much easier!