Saturday, February 25, 2006

Color in another form


Where my creative energy has been the last couple weeks: moving color around with needles instead of a brush.

I'm learning to felt and how to make socks. There are many different construction elements and I'm trying all of them with different needle types and techniques. I finished my first pair and gave them to a friend when they were too big for me. These 3 *may* fit right.

The bigger blue/purple bowl is my first experiment with felting a project. The smaller blue/purple bowl is how the knitting looks before felting. The fabric gets solid and loses stitch definition with hot water and agitation.

Sketching is continuing, but right now I'm enthralled with yarn in this cold weather. (It's snowing right now.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you could learn how to paint yarn, and combine the two things :)

Love the blending of colors in the felting!

Teri said...

So this is what you've been up to. Another outlet for your creativity! Great job.

Sue Seibert said...

I love all the colors! I have never felted but I plan to do so someday. Thanks for sharing!