Wednesday, January 11, 2006

More Stonehenge tests


I tried my regular tech pens on it and didn't like how the paper absorbed the line--enough to gray the blacks (with Microns and Zigs).

With my black Noodlers in a fountain pen, the ink worked better--stayed black. I did a quick scrabbly drawing of imagined items then a bit of pastel for filler, then w/c. I like how the paper takes the fluid.

The third test was with pastels.
My first try-out with them in a long time, but I knew the paper would be good for pastels. I just don't like the dust, so of course I added water to smear it around.

I was watching a movie about Modigliani and Picasso, and this woman emerged on the paper. Woman with guitar and a long Mod. face, I guess.

Next I'll try Stonehenge with pencil, the primary reason most people buy it.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oh I like your pastel piece - that's really nice. I'm not fond of the dust either, but have never tried adding water to them.

Kathleen Pequignot said...

Interesting experiments. I don't think I've ever used Stonehenge. Thanks for posting these three examples. I like the way it handled the watercolor washes the middle one the best. The blue is very vibrant.