Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Stonehenge tryout


I'm trying out Stonehenge paper with different media. My first test on any new paper is to draw with a water-soluble marker (Marvy, in this case), then add water to see how the paper takes the dissolving ink and lets it flow.

I really like how this paper acted in this first test. It has a soft, workable surface. (I know it's much loved by pencil artists.)

In what little I know of other papers, Stonehenge seems like a step between a cold-press w/c (not textured, though) and a hot-press w/c without the hard slickness. And MUCH better for waterflow than the Moleskine sketchpaper.

See below for other media.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Neat trials, Nita! I especially like the ink and water!

Nita Van Zandt said...

It's on sale right now at Jerry's Artarama, through the end of February. Mine was 4/10 of a penny per square inch; I compare paper that way too :-)