Saturday, December 31, 2005

The emerging year


This guy represents the events and activities of 2005. He formed and grew like a stalagmite, adding layers of learning. Now he's looking around the corner at 2006.

I'm looking with him. And we're going traveling, visiting relatives who aren't (gasp!) on the web. I'll be drawing, chatting, knitting, and looking forward to all the EDM group's art that awaits our return.

Process: colored inks stamped onto Moleskine sketchpaper, tech pen drawing, watercolor added.

7 comments:

Nelly said...

Perfect! Thank you so much for your comment. I guess I'm not the only one celebrating the New Year with EDM friends. Looking forward to the best year yet! Best to you!

Felicity Grace said...

This is great, your work is so free. I understand that gasp! Visiting people with no PC is like visiting my granny years ago who had an outside loo - only far worse! Hope you have a super time! Happy new Year!

Misa said...

I like this very much! He looks so textured and cute!

MD said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE this little creature. Captures the idea of moving into the new but taking the experience of the past along with it. Lovely!!!
MD

Lindsay said...

I'm crazy about this drawing. Love the layers you built up!!
Hope you have a really great trip!

Teri said...

Interesting sketch, but I never expect anything less from you.

We miss you on EDM! Have a great trip and visit.

Kathleen Pequignot said...

Such a creative, thought provoking image... wonderful! Happy travels!