Monday, March 26, 2007

Ghoulish floating head


I found a photo of this actor, Chris Lee, in a book and thought he'd make a perfect horror-film star. Maybe he is, I don't know.

There was no neck in the photo either, just the white face in a black surround.

Following Danny Gregory's recent videos of how he draws portraits, I did this upside down, from the upside-down photo. It helps distract the left-brain analysis of proportions.

Rapidograph .05 pen on Aquabee Super Deluxe paper, plus some w/c. (I never predraw with pencil.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just thought you might be interested, he's actually a very famous British actor almost exclusively in horror films! He's usually referred to as Christopher Lee, and he can be found in all the old "hammer" films...excellent actor...check him out!

Nita Van Zandt said...

Oh, wow, I hit it right on! Well, he has the perfect face for it. Thanks, Dan!