Friday, January 01, 2010

Voluminous journaling



These are my 2009 journal volumes. Colorful inside and out!

I've been journaling for over 35 years. In about 1974 I started with writing only, solidly filled pages, in identical spiral notebooks.

Starting about 2000 I've added more and more imagery, with painting, collage and drawing, plus writing, in a huge variety of book styles and papers.

Now that I'm working across the spine with images, I've stopped using spiral books almost completely. Only one out of these last ten was a spiral.

Last year was unique in that I started a volume on January 1 and ended one on December 31. I filled ten volumes in 12 months, which is becoming my normal output now.

I don't worry about not liking a paper or binding too much, because I can fill it in less than a month. Usually by the end of the volume, I've made friends with the paper. Multiple mediums make anything usable.

Onward to 2010 with more! Happy New Journaling Year!

1 comment:

Julie Prichard said...

Happy new year, Nita! What a beautiful collection of books you have here.