Saturday, April 21, 2007

table jumble


Drawing a tableful of objects is such a challenge for me. I drew this standing up, holding the paper.

I start with one object (here, the paintbox) and move around the scene, trying to get proportions and placement to come out somewhat accurately.

By the time I got to the last thing, the lamp, I have to resize something to make it all fit on the tabletop. I had made the phone machine too big, so the lamp base is too small.

Oh, well. I make this image as a bookmark for what I felt, heard, and thought during a short span of focused attention. No higher ambition is necessary for me.

The paintbox is Sennelier's travel kit, painted with my Winsor & Newton paints.

Fountain pen (Noodler's ink) on Winsor & Newton 90# paper.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice! I especially like the blue mug, good representation.

Nita Van Zandt said...

Thanks! At least the colors of items are pretty close to actuality.