Thursday, January 18, 2007

After the power comes back

Turns out that it's a big project to get back to normal, once the electricity comes back.

When we turned the furnace on, the bedrooms didn't get warm. Had to call my all-time favorite plumber who ended up sawing holes in room to find and fix broken pipes. Agh.

Much cleaning of freezer/refrigerator, much folding of quilts and bedding from sleeping in the family room by the woodstove, and much moving and stacking of piles so the pipes could be replaced. Double agh.

And it continues tomorrow. Insulation needed, wall patching, and, oh, yes--heat in the bedrooms (without waterfalls in the living room).

3 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like you're having a tough time. It's times like this when we realise how much we rely on basic things like electricity isn't it? (I was feeling miffed about our TV not receiving a signal! Not any more!)I hope you get everything back to normal and get warm very soon.

Bonny said...

Nita, my goodness! What a mess to have to deal with! It sounds as though everyone physically is fine, just dealing with big inconveniences. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Hugs,

Bonny

Anonymous said...

How awful! I hope things get better soon! You must have froze! I am a great spackler! If I lived your way I would come by and give you a hand! Love and light your way.

Mimers